Independent Living Residency Program
- Live in your own RV
- Sleep in your own bed, use your own bathroom.
- Store things in your own storage building.
- Have help with propane, holding tanks, and awnings.
- Receive site maintenance and help dumping tanks.
- Have 2 laundry loads washed and folded every week (3 loads for couples).
- Take a day off while somebody else does the housekeeping in your rig, every other week.
- Receive free transport to local medical services.
- Free local transport or 50 Cents a mile over 50 mile
- Enjoy weekly Walmart shopping trips.
- Have fun playing Bingo, Dominos, Card Games, and Board Games.
- Socialize during exercise, craft projects, pet shows, outings, parties, and special events.
CARE answers the question, “What happens to full-time RVers when they cannot take care of their own or their spouse’s needs following an illness, injury, surgery, or the progression of a long-term health situation?”
Friends may offer to help, not realizing that a “little help” will become a need for assistance with no end in sight. Is it fair to put that burden on neighbors or relatives who have their own lives to live? There has to be a better alternative than depending on neighbors or trading your RV home for a land-based residence.
It is located in Livingston, Texas, and it is called CARE (Caring Affordable Respite Experience). Its mission is to provide a safe haven with professional assistance at affordable prices for members whose travels are impacted because of age or temporarily interrupted because of health problems.
CARE is a place where you will receive professional help for the things you may no longer be able to do. It is not a nursing home. Its goal is to delay or eliminate the need for a nursing home, or assisted living.
- CARE schedules medical appointments for most of its residents, and provides transportation to and from the appointments for those residents who no longer drive.
- CARE has a nurse on duty eight hours during the business day, for our Respite Program.
- CARE’s Respite program provides a secure day room, with trained staff to provide monitoring, games, exercise, and much more for the respite clients.
- CARE’s atmosphere has a community feel. It’s like being with family and friends.
Those are just some of the services provided at Escapees CARE.
Escapees CARE, Inc. is able to provide its services at very affordable rates due to the generosity of Escapees RV Club members through their monetary donations and volunteering.
Daily Activities Include:
- Chair and fitness exercises.
- Free WiFi for computers and tablets.
- Simple craft projects.
- Card Games.
- Transportation to appointments, banks, & restaurants.
Weekly Activities Include:
- Live Country/Western Jam session every Thursday.
- Bingo, every M, W, & F.
- Root Beer Floats every Friday.
- Vespers (nondenominational church service) on Sunday.
- Walmart shopping by Bus on Tuesdays.
- HEB / Brookshires by Bus on Fridays
- Big Breakfast Fundraiser on Fridays 2 Eggs made to order, bacon, hash browns, grits, biscuits, and gravy.
- All-U-Can-Eat Fundraiser Pancake Breakfast on Saturdays.
Monthly Activities Include:
- Birthday parties with cake and ice cream.
- Hairdressers style Residents.
- A couple times each month, CARE schedules Bus Activities
Annual Activities Include:
- Health Fair, in the Spring, our largest Fundraiser.
- Oktoberfest in the fall.
- Low-cost health tests, Wellness seminars, food & entertainment.
- Holidays have special menus.
- On July 4th, CARE took two full Buses to Fireworks over the Lake
- Golf cart and Pet parades.
Residency Services: Residency Services: $1110 per month for a single person or $1665 for a couple as of 04/01/2021.
- Campsite with a concrete pad and a phone line.
- Use of private storage shed.
- Housekeeper and laundry service.
- Help with dumping and switching propane tanks.
- Transport to local health services.
- Weekly Bus Trip for food and miscellaneous shopping.
- Access to respite services, for a fee.
Licensed Respite Program: $40.00/day. The program is open to everyone and operates Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm, except for holidays.
- Accepts Alzheimer’s patients
- Monitor blood pressure, weight, general health.
- Assist with medications, including injections.
- Assist with bathing and personal grooming.
- Assist with eating, up to three meals included.
- Assist with toileting and toilet hygiene.
- Assist with walking and exercises.
Additional fee in Residency Service:
- Additional laundry service.
- Propane costs and electricity charges.
- You are required to have a telephone for emergencies. This will be at your own expense.
- Extra help with maintenance.
- Extra transportation: The Brazos Transit System operates an on-demand local handicapped-accessible bus service on weekdays. The CARE staff will make your arrangements.
If a sitter is needed:
Residents who cannot safely be left without some supervision after hours or on weekends and holidays will need a sitter. This is an extra expense paid by the resident directly to the sitter after approval by the person responsible for paying the bill.
- Some long-term-care insurance policies cover adult daycare. Check your policy.
- CARE does not have a contract with Medicaid (a program designed for the indigent).
- Other resources may be available for those who qualify.
Print then mail
- Download and fill out our application.
- Have your physician complete and sign the consent form.
- Mail or fax completed documents to CARE. 155 CARE Center Drive, Livingston, TX 77351. Fax: 936-327-2368, if you mail, keep a copy of everything. You can also upload and send the completed documents through our CONTACT FORM.
- For couples, two applications are needed.
- Get the consent forms signed by a physician.
- The admission committee will determine if we can help you.
Special Note on PETS:
- Your pet under 50lbs is welcome, too, if you are able to properly care for it.
- You must submit proper papers on shots and health.
- Pets must be on a leash and all droppings must be picked up and disposed of properly.
You determine if CARE is the program you want, and we evaluate whether we are able to provide the services you need. The more accurately you fill out the application form, the more certain you can be that the admissions committee will make the proper determination before you make the move.
Visitors to CARE Center have the option of renting Pearl’s Place Cottage – a standalone, two-bedroom cottage located within walking distance to the CARE Center building. Drawing inspiration from Ronald McDonald House charities, the cottage offers CARE residents’ families a convenient, affordable place to stay close to their loved ones. Situated as a short-term rental, Pearl’s Place is ideal for:
- Visiting family members of CARE residents or DAHS (Adult Day Care) participants
- Escapees who need assistance while recovering from surgery
- Escapees members interested in touring CARE
This cozy country cottage has a living room with sofa, television, and DVD player; kitchenette with Keurig coffee maker; bathroom; one bedroom with a queen-sized bed; and a second bedroom with a queen bed plus a twin-sized hospital bed. With recovery in mind, the cottage is ADA-compliant, including an accessibility ramp and walk-in shower. Rental includes bedding, linens, and basic kitchen utensils.
Pearl’s Place is available to Escapees members for $60 per day. Our CARE residents, DAHS participants, and their families receive a discounted rate. Pearl’s Place rental is open to CARE residents, DAHS participants, and Escapees members only; it is not open to the general public.
For further inquiries or to check availability, please contact CARE during business hours (M-F, 8 am-4 pm) at 936-327-4256 or contact us through our website. You may also visit our office at 155 Care Center Drive, Livingston TX.